What is an Addiction Rehab Alumni Program?
Addiction rehab alumni programs are the programs that ensure that the treatment center’s medical staffs and the former patients who have been a part of the recovery program are in touch with each other. In this type of program, the recovery center organizes events and hosts many programs to make sure that the patients are on the right track.
The addiction rehab alumni programs also encourage the patients to be in contact with other former patients, talk about their progress and maintain a healthy relationship with the former patients by providing a positive environment and connection.
The main goal of programs like this is to help former patients to keep maintaining their sobriety by providing words of encouragement, suggestions to help them in doing so, and discouraging unhealthy behavior or attitudes.
Each recovery center has its interpretation of the alumni program. Sunrise Recovery Care also provides an addiction rehab alumni program to the patients which are crafted for their benefits. So much can change over the period and the recovery care aids in providing a supportive environment where they can basically mingle and talk about their present situation, their attitude towards life in general and also make sure that the patients have all the support in their path to complete recovery.
Alumni Program Services
The Alumni Program Services is all about benefitting the former patients of the recovery care by providing continuous support through the connections with other former patients as well as the medical staff. It helps in re-building past connections, and encouraging and uplifting the individual’s mental state to keep them in a positive light. There are many types of alumni programs that are provided to individuals such as the 4 Point Program or the 12-step program to help them in their new life. Not only the alumni programs help the patients to not relapse back into addiction but also provide a haven to meet-up, share their progress and motivate one another towards a healthier and happier lifestyle.
Sunrise Recovery Care believes that providing a safe environment to the former patients can help them take inspiration from one another and also guide fellow patients with their struggles.
It is a network that can help individuals achieve their goals towards a life of sobriety.
Alumni program services are an efficient medium to be in connection with the former patients and build a relationship with them. While some alumni program services are provided by the recovery center itself while some are individually run. No matter what the program services are, it does benefit the former patients in more ways than one.
Benefits of Alumni Program
There are many benefits to the former patients participating in the alumni program that is provided by the recovery centers or individually run platform that provide such programs.
Some of the major benefits of the alumni program are:
1. The addiction rehab alumni program aids the patients in a smooth transition from their treatment programs in the recovery center to their day to day life.As the transitioning from the phase of addiction to recovery and then to living a regular life out in the world can be a sudden and difficult phase for the patients. Hence, the alumni programs can help in bridging the gap between the two without much difficulty.
2. The alumni programs also aid in connecting the individuals who were former patients with other recovery patients This can help them to discover one another, find common grounds and aid each other in their path to living a life of sobriety.
3. Alumni programs help to provide continuous support so that they don’t relapse back into addiction. A support group can be extremely beneficial for the former patient to have a safe space where they can discuss any issues that they are facing.
4. The alumni programs give access to many educational programs, guided sessions, therapies and workshops to help the patients in their path to recovery.
5. The alumni programs also help the patients with tools and aids to help them practice self-resilience to prevent relapse on their addiction.
6. The alumni programs also give a sense of connection and dependency in terms of reliable connection and friendship amongst one another.
7. The alumni programs are also organized to suit an individual’s preferences and choices when it comes to helping the patients to live a life of sobriety.
8.The patients also get the chance to learn new life skills and helpful mechanisms to deal with the cravings and need for the use of drugs
9. The alumni programs act as a judgment-free environment where the former addict patients can share their struggles and get the necessary help
10. The different workshops can help the patients to be active physically and mentally and can give hope to the patients towards a positive lifestyle.
Thus, these are the major benefits of the alumni programs that the former patients can get.
Alumni Program at Sunrise Recovery
Sunrise Recovery Programs provide the alumni programs to the former patients to assist them in transitioning their lives from their days of recovery in the rehab program to their day to day lifestyle.
Our alumni program ensures that our former patients are on the right track and they don’t relapse into the addictive behavior by providing them with counseling, communications amongst their fellow patients and giving them aids and tools that can help them remain sober and lead a healthier lifestyle.
The alumni programs at Sunrise recovery are designed in such a way that it suits the individual attending the program and make sure that they benefit from the program as much as possible.
What I loved most about being at Sunrise is the fact that almost everyone who works there is a recovering addict. It really helped to know that there are others just like me that have to deal with some sort of a struggle on a daily basis.RebeccaSunrise graduate
The second that door opened until after I left. There was always something for me to do, so I never had any downtime to get depressed or think about drugs. They also made my family feel welcomed and respected.Jenevieve ESunrise graduate
I felt loved at Sunrise because the staff made us feel at home always. Someone struggling with addiction should get care at Sunrise because they are the friendliest staff ever. I am almost five months sober and it's all because of them."Christina W.Sunrise graduate